- News Library
- Servier Medical Art
- Partnering & Licensing
Department : R&D
Reference : HDPS120717
Date : 19/07/2017
Place : Suresnes
At Servier we continue to foster the ambition to provide innovative therapies for unmet medical needs for the benefit of patients. In order to succeed in this exciting challenge we are actively developing our expertise and teams in Oncology and Biotechnologies.
In this aim, and in the context of the future regrouping of our Research activities in a brand new state-of-the-art center in Paris-Sacaly in 2020, we are currently seeking the opportunity to recruit a new Head for our Protein Sciences Department
Within our “Biotechnologies Pole of Excellence” (110 persons), and reporting directly to the Director you will get the opportunity to further develop an existing team of 15 dedicated scientists, in proteomics and protein chemistry.
The position is of the highest importance to further empower protein technology based approaches in multiple therapeutic areas (oncology, cardiovascular & metabolic diseases, autoimmune and neuropsychiatric diseases) in both small molecule and biologics-based strategies. As the successful candidate you will drive an innovative and “outward-looking culture” based on close collaboration with different Technology & Drug Discovery groups at Servier and through national and international collaborations
Key roles and activities
• Leadership of a team of protein chemistry scientists and biochemists, you will build strong collaborations with R&D teams within and beyond the company.
• Working within a multidisciplinary team of structural biologists, chemists, molecular modelers and biologists you will be a key player in empowering an innovative drug portfolio by proactively assimilating existing and novel protein-science and proteomic-based technologies to our drug discovery research pipeline.
• Accountable for activities related to protein/antibody production, purification and characterization as well as development of methodologies for Ab conjugation analysis in early discovery programs.
• Accountable for activities related to proteomics-based target and bioassay analysis in early drug discovery and translational and early clinical research.
• Interact with other directions to assure strategic alignment and prioritization of studies for the drug discovery portfolio.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
• PhD degree with post-doctoral experience and publications and recognized expertise in biochemistry, protein technology sciences (Antibody engineering. Liquid chromatography-Mass Spectroscopy, ADC development & characterization, ELISA/multiplexing or other related techniques, peptide mapping for sequencing and post-translational modifications, glycosylation analysis).
• Up to date on latest technological /scientific trends in the field of Protein technology
• Proven track record in industry or biotech in the application of Protein Sciences Technologies to drug discovery.
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
• Demonstrate management and leadership capabilities in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrates good network and relationship building skills