- News Library
- Servier Medical Art
- Partnering & Licensing
Department : R&D
Reference : HDSBB120717
Date : 18/07/2017
Place : Suresnes
At Servier we continue to foster the ambition to provide innovative therapies for unmet medical needs for the benefit of patients. In order to succeed in this exciting challenge we are actively developing our expertise and teams in Oncology and Biotechnologies.
In this aim, and in the context of the future regrouping of our Research activities in a brand new state-of-the-art center in Paris-Sacaly in 2020, we are currently seeking the opportunity to recruit a new Head for our Structural Biology & Biophysics Department.
Within our “Biotechnologies Pole of Excellence” (110 persons), and reporting directly to the Director you will get the opportunity to further develop an existing team of 12 dedicated scientists.
The position is of the highest importance to further empower structural-based drug design in multiple therapeutic areas (oncology, cardiovascular & metabolic diseases, auto-immune and neuropsychiatric diseases) in both small molecule and biologics-based strategies.
The successful candidate will drive an innovative and “outward-looking culture” based on close collaboration with different Technology & Drug Discovery groups at Servier and through national and international collaborations. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to interact dynamically and proactively with different teams in a multi-disciplinary environment to develop solutions to challenging structural problems.
Key roles and activities
• Accountability and leadership of a team of structural biologists and crystallographers the candidate will build strong collaborations with R&D teams within and beyond the company.
• Working with a multidisciplinary group of protein scientists, chemists, molecular modelers and biologists you will be a key player in empowering an innovative drug portfolio by proactively assimilating existing and novel structural and biophysics-based techniques to our drug discovery research pipeline.
• Interact with other directions to assure strategic alignment and prioritization of studies for the drug discovery portfolio.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
• PhD degree with post-doctoral experience and publications in fragment and structure-based drug discovery.
• Knowledge of X-ray crystallography, SPR, NMR, DSF, Thermal Shift assays and other biophysics techniques is essential.
• Previous industry or biotech experience is a prerequisite.
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
• Management and leadership capabilities in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrates good network and relationship building skills